What to Expect
Graduate study at Cuttington University is a total urban experience. Monrovia being the capital city of Liberia is considered the ideal location for the established Graduate programs because that's where you'll find the bulk of the working people with the requisite qualification in the areas of Education, Nursing, Business, Public Administration and Theology to take advantage of the opportunity to obtain graduate degrees in those areas.
The Graduate School is easily accessible to both students and faculty since it is adjacent to the Lone Star Cell building in Oldest Congo Town, on Tubman Boulevard.
Far beyond the Formal
Although the sitting of the Graduate programs is urban in nature, the quality and attitude of the graduate faculty that makes graduate study a total experience as students look up to for instruction, challenges, counsel and inspiration. The Multi-ethnic graduate faculty majority of whom hold the doctorate degrees from eminent colleges and universities abroad, are researchers in their respective areas, and personally concerned that the students develop the habit of orderly inquiry that will sustain their interest in learning far beyond the formal experience of graduate study. Therefore whatever career the students decide to follow or enrich, the Cuttington University graduate experience will give the students a solid foundation or a healthy extension leading to professional growth and development through course work and research.
The Curriculum is flexible, filled with quality, the essential ingredient for the study designed to fit the personal needs of its multi-ethnic student body many of whom are seeking ideas to plant and nurture on fertile soil. Classes are small to permit free exchange of ideas within a structured period designed to inspire independent thinking and originality in the search for knowledge and truth, and to improve skills in selected professions and occupations.
- An application for admission on the approved application form along with non-refundable deposit GT Bank slip application fee of US$ 40.00
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university which offers undergraduate programs that are prerequisites for the degree program at Cuttington University.
- Official transcript from all colleges and universities attended, indicating the year(s) in which the bachelor's degree and other degrees were awarded.
- Three letters of recommendation (one from last school attended, one from a cleric and one from a prominent community member)
- Sit the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or equivalent test.
Procedures for Admission
A prospective student should apply for admission at least one month prior to the beginning of the semester in which he/she wishes to enroll. If an applicant does not enter the Graduate School indicated on the form, he/she must re-apply.
Admission Procedures are as follows
- Complete the application form provided by the Graduate School Office (making sure to check Admission, select one major from a list provided, check the semester of enrollment and indicate the degree desired)
- Return the completed application form with the GT Bank deposit slip of US$ 40.00 non-refundable fee to the Finance Office.
- Request the Registrar(s) of all colleges and universities attended to send an official transcript to the Graduate School Associate Vice President for Graduate Studies Office.
NOTE: All documents, including transcripts submitted, become the property of the Cuttington University and will not be returned.
No action will be taken until all required documents are submitted to the Graduate School Associate Vice President.
Categories for Admission
Master's Degree Applicants
Applicants for the master's degree may be considered for admission and, if admitted, classified in one of two categories, successful applicants will be notified of their classifications at the time of admission.
Unconditional Admission Requires;
- Bachelor's degree from a fully accredited four-years college
- At least a 2.50 grade point average (on a 4.00 point system)
- Completion of all undergraduate prerequisites for the selected graduate major or minor
- Good standing in last school attended
- Acceptable character and health records
- Acceptable in the program selected for graduate study
PERSON VUE TEST CENTER
Cuttington University is pleased to announce to the Liberian Public that the PEARSON VUE Test Center at the Cuttington Graduate School in Congo Town is now authorized to administer the following internationally recognized/accepted examination for the following clients and certifications:
Below are some Pearson VUE Testing clients: there are still more test we can administer we can offer.
For more information the can contact our office on cell #0886560187/0770199614
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- American College
- Board of Certified Safety professionals (BCSP)
- Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT)
- CFA Institute- Certificate in Investment Performance Management CIPM
- CFA Institute Claritas
- Chainshine Financial Training
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- CPA Australia
- Esri-GIS Mapping Software, Solutions, Services, Map Apps, and Data-
- European business Administration - EUBAT
- Excelsior College
- First Finance Institute
- Global Association of Risk Professionals
- Graduate Management Admission Council®
- International Fuel Tax Agreement -IFTA
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Institute for Supply Management- ISM
- the Law national Aptitude Test- LNAT
- PCI Security Standards Council
- Professional Risk mangers international Association- PRMIA
- Professional Testing Incorporated (PTI)
- SAMTRAC international
- Society of Wine Educators
- VUE Testing
- WorldatWork- Human Resources Certification